>SECTIONS & SERVICES
The largest of the Library’s departments, serves the students and staff of the College along with visiting researchers and the general pubic, in their quest to use the library’s resources and services. We provide direct service to the users of the library in the following sections:
Circulation Section houses books of various subject areas that may be loaned by students and faculty. Majority of the books found in this section are about Social Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Technology and Engineering. Part of this section is the circulation counter. Among the functions of the counter are:
- To cater daily activity related to circulation of library materials
- To receive payment of fines from users
- To receive request for the reservation of books from the faculty & students
Filipiniana Section houses books that are written by Filipino authors or by Foreign authors treating solely about the Philippines. These may be books published abroad but reprinted in the Philippines.
Reserved Book Section houses books in the field of Information Technology and Engineering mostly prescribed by professors to be read by students in connection with their lessons.
Journals, magazines, newspapers, vertical files and FEU Tech Publications are housed in this section. These materials are for library use only but can be borrowed for photocopying purposes.
- General Reference Section
Provides general information and reference services. Dictionaries, encyclopedia, atlases, almanacs, handbooks and manuals covering general and specific fields are housed in this section. This section also provides referral service, information literacy program, research assistance and library orientation.
This section includes a variety of well selected stories and novels of famous authors available for recreational reading.
- Undergraduate Research Collection Section
This section aims to showcase and preserve FEU Tech’s exemplary undergraduate research in IT and Engineering disciplines.
The e-library aims to provide and deliver to the academic community with a highly effective learning experiences through Web and Internet technologies as an extension of the services in the conventional library. Nevertheless, e-library computer equipment is for educational and research purposes only.
- Instructional Media Section
Is the multimedia resource center of the library featuring an ever growing collection of films, videos, interactive CD-ROMs, Kindle (E-book) and a rich variety of other audiovisual resources in support of the instructional programs and research needs of the faculty and students in the College of Engineering and College of Information Technology.
Working collaboratively with other departments, the Technical Services section works to select, acquire, organize, process and provide access to information resources in all formats that enhance and support research and lifelong learning through the Online Library System for the students, staff and faculty of the FEU Tech community.
The Technical Services is comprised of two functional areas:
- Library Acquisitions is responsible for acquiring books and non-print materials, ordering and receiving, processing invoices & the maintenance of necessary records related to acquisition.
- Cataloging includes shelf preparation, physical processing and other activities in the preparation of bibliographic records for a catalog.
Not open to the general public, these two units work behind the scenes to perform a multitude of essential functions.
- Photocopying Service – Part of the auxiliary services that is provided by the library as a means of managing resources. We offer photocopying service to all students, walk-in users and others.
- Printing Service – Library provides Black & White and color pinting services. Students will need to load funds to their card in order to print. Printing costs P1.50 per page for black & white copies with short bond paper and P2.00 for long bond paper. Color printing costs P5.00 per copy for short bond paper and P6.00 for long bond paper. Daily lost and found items in the library may also be claimed at the printing service.
- Endorsement/Referral Service – This is rendered to the bonafide students and faculty who may want to use the resources of other institutional libraries whereby a referral letter is issued by the reference librarian.
- Library Orientation – All new students and faculty of the FEU Institute of Technology are encouraged to attend library tours conducted at the beginning of each academic year. The orientation tours are design to help users become familiar with the library services and to provide users with library skills and information to use library resources effectively.
- Assistance to Alumni – We provide continued access to educational materials and resources to alumni, subject to the rules and regulations applied to researchers.