- Bonafide students of FEU Institute of Technology
- Bonafide members of the academic community
- Visiting users with referral letters
- Alumni with Valid Alumni ID
The School ID will serve as library card and can be used for borrowing and returning of library materials.
ACCESS TO THE COLLECTION
The FEU Institute of Technology Library maintains an open stack system. Books are arranged on the shelves according to the Library Congress Classification Scheme (LCC). Periodicals are arranged alphabetically by title.
GENERAL BORROWING POLICIES FOR STUDENTS
- Students may borrow a maximum of two (2) books for a period of three (3) days with one renewal privilege; this applies to books from the Circulation Section and Filipiniana Collection.
- Fiction books maybe loaned for a week subject for renewal for another week if not in demand.
- Books in Reference Sectionand Reserve Section, Periodicals, Vertical Files, Audio-Visual materials, Kindle (E-books) and Theses are restricted for library/room use only.
- Loan period for books ends one (1) week before the start of the final examinations.
- Materials returned late are subject to overdue fine of Php 8.00/book/day. Overdue Fine Slip is signed by the librarian before payment is made to the Cashier.
- Borrowers with overdue books and outstanding obligations will not be allowed to borrow unless all library accounts are settled.
- A lost book while out on loan must be reported immediately to the Librarian.
- Lost book must be replaced by the borrower with the same title and edition and pay the accumulated fines.
- Missing pages in any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the librarian.
- Library materials damaged beyond normal usage must be replaced with the same title, preferably the latest edition.
- Philippine copyright law prohibits photocopying of the entire book.
- Photocopying of books is limited to 15 pages only
- Photocopying of thesis/research collection is strictly prohibited.
- The library is equipped with CCTV system to ensure safety and security of the library users.
- Users entering the library shall be responsible to their personal belongings and valuables such as cash, jewelries, cellphones, laptops, and alike.
- Security gate is placed at the entrance of the library to alert the librarian of users who would take out library materials without permission.
Suspension of Library Privileges
The following acts of misconduct are covered by the FEU Institute of Technology Student Handbook which provides for corresponding sanction:
- Pilferage, defacement and mutilations of any library materials.
- Dishonesty in the form of bringing out library materials without permission.
- Discourtesy or any misdemeanour towards any Library Associate.
Conduct Inside the Library
- Users are expected to conduct themselves in such a way as they will not disturb the peace and order in the library.
- Eating, sleeping, drinking, littering and the use of mobile phones are not allowed.
- SILENCE is the golden rule in the library.
GENERAL BORROWING POLICIES FOR FACULTY AND ASSOCIATES
- All associates, including part-time faculty may borrow a maximum of four (4) books.
- Books borrowed can be loaned for a period of one (1) week. Associates who fail to return the book on the due date will be charged an overdue fine of Php 10.00/book/day.
- Associates with overdue books or with any other accountability will not be cleared nor be allowed to borrow books, unless all obligations are settled.
- Books can be renewed only once.
- Renewal of books may be done personally or electronically through Library OPAC or the library email-address at firstname.lastname@example.org